Methi (Fenugreek Leaves): 2 bunches
Green Chillies: 3-4
Garlic Cloves: 5-6
Curry Leaves : 4-5
Cumin Seeds(Jeera): 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder(Haldi): ¼ tsp
Asafoetida(Hing): a pinch
Salt: to taste
Fresh Coconut(Shredded) : for Garnish
- Pick methi leaves. Wash thoroughly and chop them.
- Heat oil in pan. Once oil is hot add jeera and garlic.le garlic sauté garlic then add curry leaves
- Add chopped onions, green chillies and sauté it. Also add salt in this stage as it helps onions to cook fast.
- Add turmeric powder, stir well and chopped methi leaves.
- Cook the methi on medium flame for 8 to 10 mins.once methi is cooked, add shredded coconut for garnish.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook for 2 mins and turn the flame off. Serve hot with Chapati/roti/rice.